Wednesday 16 December 2009

Prisoner's Log, Day whatever: I am overjoyed!

Word has finally reached me - my pets are on their way home! I have been overindulging in hoarded doggie treats as a way of celebrating. The thought of my reunion with my loved ones will sustain me through the tough days that lie ahead.

Funnily enough, shortly before this wondrous news reached me, I was just starting to warm to my captors. Curly lady gives good cuddles and ear strokes, and even Beard Man's forced marches were becoming familiarly tolerable. But just as I let my defences down - worryingly - they started displaying all too familiar behaviour patterns: hoarding clothing, cleaning the house etc. I fear they too are about to do a runner and leave me heart-broken.

Humans - you learn to love them and what do they do - abandon you, not knowing where the next doggie treat is coming from. Oh woe is me!

But joy is me also! For my pets will soon be here to free me from my chains of oppression! Let the world rejoice! Let the world send me doggie treats!

1 comment: