Thursday 3 December 2009

Prisoners' Log, Day 7: The physical violence begins

It was inevitable, I guess. But when the violence finally started, I have to say it was from the last place I expected.

Curly Lady has become increasingly affectionate towards me, obviously unable to resist my charm and good looks. I have been naturally suspicious of this, my superdog senses alerting me to the fact that it may all be part of the good cop/bad cop routine. But I have become accustomed nevertheless to approaching her for a cuddle as she sits down on the sofa - I'm only canine, after all, and even in a situation as grim as this, I need my comforts.

Today, when I approached her, she somehow used the sofa as a weapon, attempting to punch me in the face with the leg-rest, which sprang towards me with great speed just at the moment that she sat down.

I have to say, I'm sorely disappointed; I expected better from her. After all those biscuits I allowed her to feed me, all the walks I took her on, all those times I, like a fool, permitted her stroke my belly.

Only my quick wit, supreme physical fitness and lightening fast reactions prevented me from being punched in the face - I moved in the nick of time. But a valuable lesson has been learned - trust no-one. I mean, it takes a truely twisted and evil mind to do the good cop/bad routine without any help from another human: "come here, Murphy, have a cuddle", then BAM! Before you know it you're being smacked in the smackers. What's a cocker spaniel to do?

I let her tickle my tummy still, and feed me the occasional biscuit, but believe you me, she shall rue the day she tried to punch my lights out. When my pets hear about this, they are going to be LIVID!

No comments:

Post a Comment