Sunday 29 November 2009

Prisoners' Log Day 3: I know why the caged dog sings


Day three of my captivity and I decide it is time to test the perimeter fences, searching for a sign of weakness so that I can make my escape and attempt to rescue my humans from whatever hell hole they have ended up in. I do a lot of sniffing and yell threats at passing cyclists, who I am sure are in on this blasted conspiracy.

I had heard guarded conversations, prior to my humans' departure, in which the word "Disney" was repeatedly mentioned, so that is where my search will begin. Only I don't know what or where Disney is but fear it may be a top secret version of Guantanamo Bay where they will be subjected to even more foul torture techniques than I am experiencing here. I believe now that they knew they were in danger and that is why they were so preoccupied with hoarding clothes - obviously a range of disguises which they intended to use when they were on the run. I wish they could have confided in me but if there's one thing having humans as pets has taught me, it is that they are secretive creatures.


I continue to formulate plans for my escape and for the demise of my captors. First, I plan to deprive them of sleep - I can employ a range of techniques with this aim in mind, and have a few surprises for them up my metaphorical sleeve. I plan to allow them to take me on so-called "walks" so that I can scout the local area for suitable getaway vehicles and escape routes. I also plan to let them continue to feed me the bowls of home-made chicken stew that FoodandCuddleLady cooked before she left - it not only tastes good but is also invaluable in building my strength for the perils that lie ahead.

I am a dog behind bars, but I finally know why the caged dog sings: - to deprive his captors of sleep, mess with their minds and hopefully outwit them in the days that follow. Solidarity brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment